I realised that sometimes we cannot really blame the kids for being rude to the teachers... especially when the teachers themselves are being rude. As the chinese saying goes 上梁不正下梁歪, which means that the older generations are not setting a good example for the younger ones to follow.
A certain middle-aged male teacher tried to be helpful by carrying a whole box of white A4-sized printing paper from the printing area to the staffroom. As he had his hands full, the box of papers dropped when he tried to open the door. So, kind ol' me went up to help him hold the door while he picked up the packs of papers. When he was done, he picked up the box and left without even looking back.
To be honest, I was expecting a "thank-you" from him... basic courtesy, right? But nothing at all. Not even a nod of head to show his acknowledgement, or any hint that he knew I had helped him to hold the door opened. If he at least show some signs that he knew I was there, then it won't be that bad. But he was downright rude! He just turned and go... as if it was the most natural thing that I should help him. Or maybe he took it for granted that I should help him.
Another male teacher, a younger one, would come to my place or Sam's place to use the stationery as and when he pleased. As our seats are near to the photocopy machines, teachers usually come to borrow various stationery. Other teachers would ask nicely to borrow the stuff everytime they needed it. However, for this guy, he thinks he's some kind of VIP. He only asked the very first time and subsequently, he took it that it's ok he can use whatever he wants from our pen holders. Even when we were seated at our places, he just came and grabbed whatever he needed, used it, put it back, then walked away. Hello? Like we are invisible? Or a bookshop?
There are also these 2 other male teachers, both younger than me, who I suspect are without any sense to be polite. (Honestly, I don't know why it's the males that are the problematic ones here.) Anyway, these 2 got serious attitude problems. No friendly "Hi" when passing by them along the corridors coz they don't bother to make eye contact. If it so happens that any eye contact is made, and I said "Hi", they either suddenly found something more interesting than me on the floor, or just threw me a quick glance, which I guessed is their way of assuming that I would take that as a "Hi" from them too. Duh!
Doesn't anybody remember him?


4 comments:
i totally understand. it's incomprehensible, really. you think it's basic courtesy but it's happening so often you're begining to wonder if you're the crazy one. next time a rude person does it to you again, just wave him off with a big smile and a loud enough "you're quite welcome!"
cheer up. think about chelsea without mourinho now. feeling better already? =P
aiyah... auntie koh... actually i'm quite used to all the rudeness... but sometimes, already in the pissy mood then someone comes along n made it worse... sigh. guess that's life la...
anyway, YEAH! no more "special one"! haha. but i think u'll miss him eh? :)
you too chio liao.. they worry they make eye contact with you and they will be killed by me.. wahaha.. you look fierce mah.. :P
- silly spyder
hmmm... chio but fierce?? wahahahaha....
Post a Comment