Thursday, October 4, 2007

Speak of the devil...

"Speak of the Devil", which is short for "Speak of the Devil and he shall come". It was believed that if you spoke about the Devil it would attract his attention. That's why when you're talking about someone and they show up people say "Speak of the Devil".

I didn't know why I suddenly thought of the penguin yesterday. Was silently thinking that life had been good these days without him coming around with tons of time-wasting ideas. Wanted to comment out loud to the guys but decided not to... coz such thoughts are kind of "jinxed" around here.

Then, a while later...

Ray : "Hey, people. Come to think of it. Haven't seen penguin around for days. Quite peaceful hor..."

Me : "Choy! I was just thinking about the same thing... Better don't say too much."

Ray : "Aiyah. Just say only... not so 'heng' one la."

---------------

Unfortunately, I was that 'heng'. While on the way to work today, my phone rang at 7:01 a.m., with the penguin's name flashing on display...

No comments: