Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yucky!

Today seems to be a day for gross and disgusting stuff to happen. A word of warning, if you are those kind that gets turned off even from words, minus the picture, you had better skip this entry.

Gross incident 1 :
It had been rumoured that the teachers' room had rats running around, though nobody had actually seen them, but smart Dass confirmed it by coming up with evidence of network cables being bitten. This rumour was confirm guarantee chop this afternoon by the OM (Operations Manager) when he brought in a team of pest busters, and they went around showing staff this dead rat that was being stuck to a board coated with the super-duper sticky glue.

Guess the poor bugger starved to death coz apparently the glue was so sticky that there was no way for escape. Luckily, when the guy showed the dead rodent to me, it was faced away. I could already feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up just at the sight of the mass of grey fur. I even found myself entertaining the thought that the rat was still alive and might just up and jump away from the board and towards me any minute.


Disgusting incident 2:
Took a damn cold super bus home in the rainy weather. I was sitting in the upper deck, right behind this uncle, whom started coughing without covering his mouth. And this was not the end, when he coughed, he seemed to like leaned forward a bit and looked like he was coughing into the hair of the lady in front of him.

Gross + disgusting incident 3:
This took place on this same bus ride too... when most of the passengers had got off, leaving a few of us on the upper deck. Ok, just to let you know, I tend to have sharp hearing (despite having my iShuffle stuck into my ears), and sharp sense of smell (despite having my infamous blocked nose most of the time).

So, back to the incident. I was just listening to my iShuffle on the freezing bus when I heard something like splashing water. I tried to remain positive, thinking it might be someone spilling water. But somehow I knew it was not. This little girl, maybe due to the low temperature of the bus, did the "merlion" just a few seats away from me. The grandma sitting with her took a quick look around, to see if anyone saw what happened, then quickly changed seats. The little girl looked very guilty, while the grandma tried to look as if nothing was wrong.

I changed my seat immediately. Maybe it was my imagination or that I really have a damn sensitive nose, I thought I could smell the smell. But on the brighter side, it was really very good that it was not that smelly... I think partly also becoz of the very low temperature of the bus, and that it was just a small "merlion". Luckily, it was only a few minutes away from the interchange.

I really pity the bus uncle.

2 comments:

Old Beng said...

Yeah, me also darn hate people who cough without covering their mouth.

1~xyn said...

old beng...
ya... so inconsiderate... worse if it's a crowded bus.